All health care and child care professionals who wish to join our Agency are required to complete an application form, followed by an interview by a member of our management team. Our consultants are well versed in management procedures and staff selection. Interviews are thorough and in line with CQC regulations. Applicants must provide us with some or all of the following documents:
- Valid passport (visa/work permit etc)
- British birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Drivers Licence (photo card and counterpart)
- Original training certificates
- Two colour passport photographs
- Two proofs of present address
- Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure certificate
Candidates must also complete a detailed health questionnaire and sign to say that they are fit for the position, as well as applying for and obtaining our own enhanced DBS disclosure which is renewed on an annual basis. After a thorough interview, professional references are applied for to cover the previous five years of employment, this enables us to gain proof of previous employment in a care setting, further information on how they conducted their role and also to establish the role and responsibilities are a true representation of what is stated.
In order to facilitate accurate payroll, applicants are also asked to provide their National Insurance card or other proof of NI number, a P45 or P46 as well as any other relevant documentation.
When an offer of employment is made to a potential member of staff, they are required to attend mandatory training courses i.e. Safeguarding Adults and Children, Manual Handling, Emergency First Aid to name a few. During this time, a member of management will organise an in depth induction day where we discuss the following:
- Personal Care
- Importance of maintaining records and data protection
- Dedicated time to read and understand the companies policies and procedures
This is also where we talk all staff through the contract of employment and employee handbooks, which are signed and receipts placed on personnel files.
We ensure that staff fully understands our client’s needs and requirements before any assignments are undertaken, including:
- Health and Safety issues
- Clients working environment
- Professional conduct and responsibilities
- Correct administration procedures
- Availability for work
- Importance of being prompt and punctual for assignments
- Communication with office during and out of hours
- Standard and quality of work expected
- Importance of working as a Team.
We do this by ensuring that all members of staff complete a minimum of 6 hours of shadowing before completing a shift.
Working for an agency is a two way commitment and each individual’s needs are different. We should however strive to achieve the same goal which is to provide high quality, cost effective care to the service user throughout Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Cornwall and Devon.